Accused 12 (Final chapter)

                  Chapter 12
       They're now coming to the end of the senior year, and everybody is now talking about prom and who to go to prom with. Matt is not in high school but he plans to attend for the sake of Cara, he graduated last year though not from their school, he's not yet in college, he needs a year break so perhaps he will finally enter with Cara.
   Everybody is busy with cloth to wear and who to go with little did they know a bombshell will hit the school before prom and it will change everybody point of view.
   "So have anyone asked you to prom yet" Jake asked Rose jokingly.
   "Yes, a lot but I turned them down" she said truthfully.
   "Oh" Jake said though not surprised since he understand perfectly that almost all guys would want to date a pretty girl and they seem to believe he's deceiving her or holding her against her wish so they all want to be her knight in shining armour. "But why turn them down" he asked.
   "Cause am waiting for one particular cute boy to ask me" she said playing with the hem of his shirt. he giggles.
   "Why not get a room" Vanessa said disgustingly
   "This is the hallway some of us can't stand the sight" one of her minions bark.
   Before Rose could reply Cara did
   "Says who was having her face sucked by her boyfriend a while ago"
Jake laughed and decided to leave the girls alone, since he's  never fancy exchanging words with girls and he also know Rose can stand up for herself. He kissed Rose goodbye and hugged Cara.
       It's 12noon and the students received announcement from the principal to report to the auditorium for important announcement.
   "So what do you think is important" Cara asked Rose.
   "I don't know" she shrugged.
   "Maybe they want to cancel prom" Cara said which made Rose laugh.
       After they're all sitted, Jake sat at the last roll since he came in late, so he wasn't sitting with Rose and Cara and that made him more gloomy. 
   "So I made you all gather here by the request of our very own student, who have been battling cancer" principal Jerkins said as one of the teachers wheeled Laura to the podium that made some students shock cause they never knew, cancer was why she stopped attending, then the ones that knew never visited. It seems she made the wrong friends. Rose and Cara felt pity for her though they never knew her, and Jake was just surprised cause all the time he visited her she never told him about this.
   Laura was sitting on the wheel chair as she was searching for Jake with her eyes, when she found him in the back she smiled.
   "So I will let her say what she came here for, cause she's not healthy enough" the principal said and left the Mic for Laura.
   "Hi am Laura, some of you know me and know that I have cancer but never visited not even once, and I thought they were my friends, the only person that did visit is the person that I wronged, the person we all wronged" she said as she looked around.
   "I know you won't believe what am about to say, cause humans believe whatever they want to believe, maybe out of fear, jealousy, hatred, whatever reason they want" she tried catching her breathe "so in this case I have an evidence that we can't dispute, a video evidence" she looks at Vanessa who is sitted at the front row checking her nails and oblivious of what Cara is saying.
   So she continued "Jake was wrongly accused" she said and everywhere went silent the whole student have a shocked expression, before Vanessa started laughing.   
    "Darling, we all know he was not" Vanessa said looking around.
   "Well, like I said, I have an evidence, we all know almost all girls wanted to date Jake, am also included" she said shyly. "So that day I made up my mind to go confess my feelings to him, so I know that he will be at his granddads that day, so I set up my camera to be able to video the house as I made my confession, cause I believe he will accept me even if just to play around with me I don't mind, so I wanted to watch it with him after the confession" she laughs as she remembers that day "I even wrote the confession and everything, well to cut the story short he turned me down and said 'Laura you're a good friend and am not good enough for you' he turned me down and I was pissed, I ran out after minutes of crying, I went back to retrieve the camera I set in the tree, that was when I saw Vanessa at his door, so out of curiosity I decided to video then" she paused and the principal turned off the lights of the auditorium for the students to watch the video in the projectile.
       It was the video of Vanessa confessing her love to Jake. Nate's eye nearly fell out of the socket, Rose and Cara was bouncing their feet, Jake had no expression, all other students were surprised but Vanessa looked liked a ghost as they all watched the video. They watched as Vanessa advanced to Jake and how he kept pushing her and reminding her she's dating Nate to which Vanessa said she never loved Nate. Vanessa threatened Jake that he's going to regret it before storming out the door, after the video the light came on.
   Vanessa is short of words, she dare not look around cause she know all eyes will be on her like always but not with admiration this time.
   "So after she went off, I followed her" Laura continued.
   "She went into a bar, got a quite hefty man, outside the bar I didn't quite get their conversation but the man started hitting her so I decided to video it too".
       Vanessa gasped as the second video started. It was Vanessa getting severe slaps from the man and the man hit her against the wall tore her cloth and had sex with her right there. Nate is crying now cause he now remembered he never gave his twin any chance and have been in love with a demon.
       Everybody is shocked beyond reasoning. Rose is crying with Cara, still Jake is blank.
   "So with the bruise and evidence of sex it was now clear she was raped, so she accused Jake of it and everybody believed her, inside us we suspected something foul, but no one believed cause some of us hated Jake, some jealous, some feared him, so we all want him down" Laura said.
   "Why are you showing us this now" Cara said with tears in her eyes.
   "Cause I owe him, after he lost everyone and alone and in need of someone I came back to tell him I love him, still he turned me down saying 'if I take you now, it will be bad on you, cause it's not love it's just me using you as a company and it's wrong to you cause you deserve love and that I can't give,' these were his exact words I remembered it" she said.
   "Then why didn't you clear his name then" Rose asked crying.
   Laura scoffed "cause I wanted him to suffer, then maybe come back to me to rely on, it didn't happen, but what happened is that he was the only one that kept visiting me in the hospital and gave me the best days of my life and I realised that we're better friends than lovers" she said.
   Everybody was dump founded, Vanessa tried running towards the door but the cops got her, cause the principal already called the cops earlier when he watched the video in his office.
   "Am sorry Jake, I really am, that I kept it from you, I hope you can forgive me" Laura said looking at Jake and that was when Jake expression changed for the first time since this revelation, he smiles towards Laura and walked up to her.
   "I forgive you friend" he said as he help Laura up the wheel chair and gave her a warm hug, and teachers and students felt bad for how bad they've been treating Jake. They all apologised.
   "Come meet the girl of my dream" Jake said as he pushed Laura  to me Rose.
   "So you're the one that light up his world" Laura said to Rose after Jake introduced them.
   "I hope I am" Rose said with tears and thank her for clearing Jake's name as they all went away.
   Jake have never been this happy though he never admitted it but it have always been a big blow to his life but now his free and happy 

Comments

Popular Posts