Accused 10

                  Chapter 10

       It's Saturday Rose and Jake have gone out on a couple of dates and Cara and Rose are now considered best friends. Rose have discovered that Cara lives alone with her mother her father is dead but she doesn't allow it define her and since hanging out with Rose she now has the courage to stand against Vanessa.
   "So why are we here? Cara asked looking around at the basket ball pitch.
   "Well Jake called me to come here that he will meet me here" Rose said as he heard jake stepping out of the car.
   "He's here already" Cara said looking at Jake as he hugged Rose and gave her a tender kiss that made Rose blush.
   "Sorry girls for keeping you waiting, it was this goof's fault" he said pointing at Matt.
       Cara gaped and blushed cause it's as if the air was sucked out of her lungs, she locked eye with Matt who have also tuned out every sound and have his whole attention on Cara.
   "This is definitely love at first sight" Jake said to Rose before snapping his finger in front of Matt "earth to Matt" Matt felt embarrassed that he couldn't hide that he was smitten by Cara, so Matt being someone that likes to hit the nail on its  head walks straight to Cara.
   "Hi, am Matt Jake best friend, and just like him, I don't like or hate anything in particular, I have had my fair share of women and non have captivated me like you just did at first glance. Just to be gentle am not going to asking you to be my girlfriend, just yet, so I suggest we take it slowly and be friends first, to find out more about ourselves before labelling ourselves in a relationship, what says you?" he looks at her with another anticipation, Cara looked over at Rose who is grinning ear to ear and Jake is also smiling so she looks back and answers Matt
   "I hope you wouldn't see me as an easy chick cause I had my feelings over the place immediately i saw you, cause I learnt that men loves a girl that gives them the chase...."
Matt cuts her off "yes men loves the chase but will still dump your ass if they are not smitten by you, so for your own case, whether you were hard to get or easy to get, I will be glad that I got you, that's all. So, friend first?" he extended his hands and Cara shook it,
   "Friends for now" she accepted with a huge blush.
   "So enough of the love affair, it's time for the game" Jake said as he bounce the basketball up and down.
   "To be fair, I chose Cara as my partner" Matt said drawing Cara to his side.
   "All right, cause it would be cheating if we team up against the the ladies" Jake said mocking the girls as he draws Rose to his side.
       And they began playing, the two guys do the work mostly cause the two girls keep missing even when their partner delivers the ball to them. It was just fun for the both sides, they didn't bother keeping the score. Rose was so happy because she had never had this so much fun with friends before and for Jake it's been long since he had such fun.
       Ever since he was accused he only made friend with Matt and Matt didn't judge him for the incident. After they all exhausted themselves they just sat down on the field resting as Jake went back to the car and brought back with him burger and drinks for everybody.
   "You know am such a person that plans the whole day and always go as I planned" Matt said looking at Cara.
   "But whenever they don't go as I planned I get furious" he continued, "today something unexpected happen, something I didn't plan happened and that is meeting you" he finished, holding Cara's hand.
   "So are you furious that you didn't plan it" Cara asked.
   "Am madly happy it turned out this way and I look forward to having my day plans being ruined like this" he said and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.
   "Well it seems we no longer exist so it's better we give these lovebirds a chance to catch up with each other" Jake said while taking Rose with him, Matt didn't seem like he care, he just kept his focus on Cara.

   "So now we're away from them what are we going to do" Rose asked.
   "Well, I have something to tell you"
   "Ok" she said.
   "After I was accused and no one believe in me except grandpa, I was so angry, I always lashed out, so I started fighting a lot, that was when I met Matt after we both trashed ourselves" he said and looked over at Matt who laughed loudly at what Cara told him.
   "So we became friends and he didn't judge me after hearing my story all he said was 'whether you did it or not it doesn't matter, all that matters is that you learn from the mistake' hmm funny him" he said smiling and Rose is listening attentively and thinking to herself how handsome Jake is, funny her "so he introduced to one illegal fighting club, to him that's where he put his anger to good use and make money instead of wasting it" Jake said and looked at Rose.
   "So that explains the bruises and why you turnout late" she said sadly.
   "Do you really need the money?" Rose asked thinking he needs the money for college.
   "No, not really I have my college money and my grandfather savings, I just use the fight to ease up" he inhaled and exhaled.
   "Well can I help you with the anger issue cause I can't stand seeing you hurt" Rose said with tears.
   Jake cups her face "That is, you've already helped me and am no longer angry, that's why in my last fight I received a some punches and lost cause am no longer feeling angry" he kissed her, "you have turned my anger into love  and you my dear have turned me from a fighter to a lover" he said as he hugs Rose "I love you Rose" he whispers to her ear, it made her heart skipped and she forgot how to breath
   "I love you too" she manage to replied cause she have never been so sure about anything in her life.
   "So have you quit the fighting" she asked just to be sure.
   "Yes I have", he looks at Matt "and I think Matt too will quit" he said so cause he know Cara will make sure of it, Rose just laughs and nods.
   "Let's go get them and go home it's already late" they walked towards Matt and Cara, they don't seem to notice the darkening clouds.
   After much complaining from Matt he finally agreed to go. They drove Cara home first before heading to drop Rose.
   At Rose doorsteps she was standing with Jake and Matt is busy honking the horn for Jake to be quick.
   "I hope you enjoyed today?" Jake asked.
   "Yes, I did" she replied.
   They both kissed and bade each other farewell, she watched as Jake drove off with Matt.
         

Comments

Popular Posts