Accused 7

Chapter 7
     They have arrived at their destination, a restaurant not too fancy but good enough. Rose have been anxious all the way hoping she won't mess things up.
   "So like I warned you am not a romantic kind of guy" jake reminded her
   "Well it's not the place that matters it's the time we spent" she replied
     They were both ushered to a vacant seat, they did their ordering talked about school before their order arrived as they eat jake kept stealing glances at Rose, she could feel his gaze and it made her nervous she barely raise her heads up till she was through with her food, jake called the waiter and paid for the food and turned his attention to Rose
    "So, what else" she asked nervously rubbing her palms
"Well, now we go home" jake said nonchalantly, Rose felt disappointed cause this wasn't what she expected regardless she have never been on a date, she knew it was never meant to be this boring
"Ok" she said sadly cause she have to follow Jake's lead
     They both entered the car and jake drove off. Rose couldn't hide the disappointed look on her face, while Jake have that of amusement "So hope you enjoyed the food" he asked
"Yes I did,it was" she returned her focus to the road "superb"
  "You lied" said jake
She turned surprisingly at jake but jake was facing the road ahead "How?" she asked
  "Well u said you're a heavy eater but u barely finished your plate" jake mocked
   "Well I was nervous, hence I didn't have much of an appetite" she shrugged
    Jake scoffed "you mean I make you nervous".
Realising what she said she felt embarrassed and smacked her head
Jake stopped the car in front of a building it was now that Rose realised that the road Jake took wasn't the route to her house
  "Why are we stopping here?, is this your house?" she asked
  "Sort off and I decided since your curfew starts at 10pm and it's just 8pm,we still have two hours so why not use it up" he said smiling
   Rose face lit up to show how happy she is, she got down from the car and ran to the house door
     "Wow someone had a lot of caffeine" jake said as he comes down from the car and went to open the door for rose to enter
    Rose saw Roses on the floor and it looks more sensational as the moonlight illuminate the house she was mesmerised "This is" she was lost of words, jake went and put on the music Peter Gabriel book of love started to play jake took her hands, spins her around and drew her to his chest as the move to the rhythm of the music
"I wanted to add candle light but it might set the house ablaze since no one is here to watch it" jake said
 "It's perfect I love it" she said
 "Well I should warn you, don't tell anyone am this romantic" Jake jests
 Rose smiles and recalled seeing jake the first time she never imagined him to be this kind of guy
"And even if you do I will deny, no one will believe you cause they will never see me do it" jake said
"Why won't they see you do it?" rose asked before jake could answer helpless by nightcore started before book love ended and it made Rose realise that jake did the mix for this date to impress her she raised her face to look at Jake and the deep feeling he have for her can be seen and jake spin her once more and answered "Cause this part of me it's meant only for you" it made Rose fall deeply
"Am falling for you Rose so hard and I know you feel the same" jake said and Rose nodded "I want to kiss you right now and ask you to be my girlfriend but before I can do that I will first tell you why am the loner" he said with a hint of sadness
Rose cares his cheek "Am all ears" she said assuring him as jake once again ventures into his past

    Jake off the music and they both sat on the couch and Jake started "You're the light in my dark world, I lived as a robot till you came into my life and gave me heart, so am going to tell you that which you're so curious to hear"
     "I won't judge" she said and held jake hands as he's already having sweaty palm
    "well it's about 2 years ago, I was the king of our school, the one everybody wanted to hang out with, I have lots of lovers" he giggled "both teachers and students, then Vanessa was my brothers crush, she also was the queen of the school people excepted us to be together, if she wasn't my brothers crush maybe we would've" he looks at Rose and knew she wanted to hear it all so he continued "well one day Vanessa came to me and confessed her undying love like other girls did, so I told her about my brothers' feeling for her and why I can't be with her she accepted it and I was glad she did then after two weeks Nate told me he's now dating her and boy was I glad for them." he shook his head "But she kept coming back telling me how I was the only one for her the day I wanted to tell my brother unfortunately he started with telling me how happy she make him" he took a deep breath like he's getting himself under control and Rose rubbed back of his palm with her thumb to reassure him that she's here "So I decided to go harsh on her then she apologised and for almost a month she didn't try anything funny. One day I was at my grandpa's alone my grandpa went out so I heard a knock and went to open up lo and behold there stands Vanessa" he looks at Rose probably searching for the strength to continue and he did found it "and I let her in, she came inside telling me that Nate broke her heart crying I started consoling her she started advancing towards me more determine than ever so I rudely ordered her out and she threatened me that am going to regret it and left" she looked at Rose her face was beautiful even in this dimly light place he could stop from touching her face and rose melted "after one hour or so I heard a call from my parents asking me home when I got there Rose is in Nate arm crying she looked like she was beaten up before I even dared to ask what's wrong Nate charged towards me and gave me a real hard punch it turns out she have accused me of forcing myself on her and they've all believed her" he looked disappointed.
Rose gasped "You didn't try defending yourself?" she asked
"I did but seeing how I already had many bad record and the hospital confirmed she was raped too so that sealed it all" he said
"So everyone was against you" she said pitifully
"No not everyone, my grandpa believed me"he said with a smile
"That's good atleast you are not alone" she felt relieved
"I am now he die two months after" he looks at rose
"Am sorry" she was lost of words
"It's funny how she's now seen as an angel since she didn't press charge" he laughed
"So how do you cope with your family cause I know it would be hard seeing them always" she asked
"Thankfully my grandpa willed his two house to me, this one" he looks around "and the one I currently live in" he said happily
"Wow that's awesome he really did good" she said smiling

         Jake knelt down "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked which threw rose off guard but before she could answer Jake started "I know you will be seen as a loser dating me and more  haters will come your way but I promise to steer them away" he said faster than ever which Rose smiled to cause she found it cute
"I don't care about the haters or being called a loser so yes I will be glad to be seen as your girlfriend" she said
   Jake smiled feeling relived threw her closer to him her face went red and her heart was racing her tummy feel funny and Jake felt the same way
"I've always wanted to do this from the first moment I saw you" said Jake
"Then what's holding you" she said barely above a whisper
  He now kissed her and it was firework for the both of them it was soft and tender well not like the ones you see in movie but it's the best for them as they drew apart
"This is the best first kiss ever" she said smiling with her eyes closed and her head rest on Jake head
 "As in our first kiss together or your first kiss in general" He asked
"My first kiss in general" she answered drew back and locked gaze with jake
"Wow, am honoured pretty girl" jake said
As they both sat down on each others arms
      "So what were you telling my parents" she asked
"Well pretty much everything I told about my life and their permission to date you"
  Rose was surprise "what if they said no after hearing your story"
"Well then I will elope with you just like in the movies" he said smiling
 Rose giggled "what if I refused" she teased
"Kidnapping is also among the option" he said
"Look at the time, I should get you home before your curfew I did promised your parents pretty girl" said jake
 Rose was disappointed "10 more minutes" she pleaded snuggling closer to jake
"No" he said as he stood up and carried her bridal style out of the apartment and he drove her back
        As he walked her to her apartment they stood for a while holding hands each reluctant to let go
 "Jake you're no longer alone" Rose told him reminding him about his grandpa
 "I know pretty girl" he hugged her and urged her inside before leaving with his car with a new found feeling and confident

Comments

Popular Posts